Applicants must have any of the following qualifications:
1. Credit Passes (i.e A/A1 - D/C4 - C6) in Six(6) SSCE/WASSCE/GBCE subjects including 3 Core subjects:
English, Mathematics and Integrated Science and 3 Elective subjects with at least aggregate 24 or 36 for SSSCE and WASSCE respectively or better.
2. Five (5) Ordinary Level Credit Passes including English and Mathematics or plus at least Three (3) 'A' Level/ABCE passes.
3. HND qualifications with option in relevant areas of specialization are also eligible for Top-Up programmes.
4.Applicants seeking admission to BSc. Computer Science Programme must in addition to the above qualification have a credit pass in in Elective Mathematics.Applicants with other other equivalent or professional qualification would be considered after assessment of the relevant qualifications and placed appropriately.
5.RSA, SRN, RGN,RGM 'A' Level Holders and those with other equivalent qualifications plus basic SSCE/WASSCE/'O' Level Qualifications will be placed at level 200 & 300 for a three & two year Top-Up programme.
6. For Mature Candidates to apply for admission, an applicant must have the following:
Must be 25 years at the time of application
Must have passes in English and Mathematics in SSSCE/WASSCE
Must have a minimum of two (2) years work experience
Must pass a GCUC Mature Student Entry Examinations.
7. Candidates with General Art and General Agricultural backgrounds are also eligible for BSc. Nursing
Diploma (Nursing)/ SRN/RGN Holders are eligible for Top-Up programmes.
B.Sc. MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
Applicants must have either:
- Senior High School Certificate (SSSCE) and/or West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) with aggregate 24 or better which should include credits in the three core subjects (i.e. English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science) plus credits in three (3) elective subjects in the following: Biology [OR Home Science (Food and Nutrition) OR General Agriculture], Chemistry, and Physics [OR Elective Mathematics].
- Mature candidate holding a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology or HND in Science Laboratory Technology obtained from a recognized institution of higher learning, with at least one year post qualification experience in a hospital laboratory may be eligible for admission to level 200 (2nd year) of the programme.
- Applicants should not be less than 25 years of age, and must have passed an entrance examination and/or admission interview.
- Mature candidates with a Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology with at least two years post qualification experience would start from first year (level 100). They would be required to pass an entrance examination and /or an admission interview.
- Foreign students shall provide their high school certificates/diplomas and transcripts; all of which must be translated into English with an accompanying statement showing how their system equates to the Ghanaian system.
B.Sc. PHYSICIAN ASSISTANSHIP
- Applicant must have Senior High School Certificate (SSSCE) aggregate 24 or West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) with aggregate 36 or better which should include credits in three core: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and three elective subjects in the following: Chemistry, Biology Elective Mathematics or Physics.
- Foreign student may be considered for admission if they hold qualification equivalent to those stated above, provided they are proficient in English. Equivalent qualifications include; A-levels, High School Diplomas.