GARDEN CITY UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
(ACADEMIC AFFAIRS SECTION)
REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR THE 2016/2017 ACADEMIC YEAR
1. All Fresh and Continuing Students are warmly welcome to the 2016/2017 Academic Year and we wish you successful academic year.
2. All Fresh and Continuing Students should pay their fees IN CASH into the University College’s Bank Accounts, obtain a pay-in-slip and submit it to the Finance Office (2nd Floor) of the University College for an official receipt of the University College. The University College’s Account Numbers are:
• Ecobank Ghana Ltd., Harper Road - 0210134402629701
• Ghana Commercial Bank, Main Kumasi- 6011130013486
• Guaranty Trust Bank (Gh.) Ltd, Lake Road - 301101712110
• Sekyedomase Rural Bank, Kenyase-Kumasi- 1171620000989361
3. All students (fresh and continuing) must register their programmes of study and the courses under each programme.
4. CONTINUING STUDENTS should show evidence of fees paid to the Registration Officer at their respective School/Department before registration of their courses for the semester is done. Registration for continuing students starts from Friday, Sept. 16 – Sept. 30, 2016.
5. FRESH STUDENTS should first undergo a general registration at Lecture Room 2, Ground Floor of the Old Block to obtain an index number. Registration starts from Friday, Sept. 16. The following items must be presented to the Registration Officers for inspection:
• Admission Letter
• Evidence of fees paid (GCUC Receipt)
• Acceptance Form
• Originals of Academic Certificates/Results & Birth Certificates.
6. Obtain your hostel allocation/affiliation in the Lecture Room 2.
7. After the general registration, take a photograph for an ID card, as part of your registration at Lecture Room 2.
8. Go to your respective Departments, present your admission letter, receipt for fees paid and the General Registration Form to the Registration Officer and register your programme/courses for the semester.
9. Move to the S. R. C. Office on the Ground Floor of the back wing of the Old Block to provide your data to the designated SRC Officer.
10. Present your medical form for your medical examination at the Medical Lab One, 1st Floor of the New Block. Please note that the medical examination is compulsory and therefore if you avoid it, you would not be recognized as a student and could be prevented from writing any examinations in the University College.
11. All students are advised to read the Academic Calendar and other Notices to know the activities scheduled for the 2016/2017 Academic Year.